Okay, so I'm better now.

All right, so the pity party is over.  I successfully went to all of my classes, despite my campus' best attempts to make that impossible, I bought my books, and I'm back home after eating less than half of a chicken calzone for a late lunch.


Granted, books cost me around $400 this time around.  I've had success at buying my textbooks online in the past, but this semester I just had too many teachers requesting we have chapters read already, so I don't have the comfy waiting period to seek out a good deal and havei t shipped to me.

That'll learn me to wait and see the syllabi!

But at any rate, I'm feeling a little bit more confident now that I know what I'm really faced with.  A lot of reading and a lot of writing this time around, but I can hope and pray that it will keep my interest level up.  It certainly seems like a possibility, given the subject matters.

Educational Psychology, Cognitive Development, US History from 1865 on, Literary Analysis, and British Novels.   I can do this.  I can.  The writing will keep me busy, but none of it looks impossible.  I just have to keep a good eye on this stuff.  



On a different note, I'm considering asking the Fiance if we should look for a house around here.  We need more space, but not much more, and considering the market we could finance a house for around what we pay now, if not less.  It may not be a mansion or the best house ever, but...

We'll see, though.  It's something to think about.  Along with the possibility of me getting a job to help support that decision, but... I really would prefer to keep my school as my "job" and avoid the part-time work.  Granted, that's a luxury, but we're living fine off what Fiance makes, and I'm covered by my scholarship and some outside help, so it's not a big ordeal. But if we were to look for a house, I would pick up the slack to make sure everything goes smoothly.

It's just a thought.  Or maybe I should just get a job to help pay for health insurance for us, so we can actually get married at some point.

Hrm.

Anyway.  In short, I have more to think about than just the current problems I'm dealing with.  I have more in store in my life than college, and I'm not going to let it crush me death.  It's not worth it.  It's an important thing that I want to succeed at, and I will, but I can attain success without killing myself, so I will.

 

1 comments:

Lindsey Ison said...

I'm glad you're feeling better about life. So, who are your profs this semester?

Ya know, working a part-time job during my last couple years of school actually helped me. I'm the type who works better with a finite amount of time. If I HAD to study/prepare Tuesday night because I worked Wednesday and class was Thursday, I did it. But if I had Tuesday and Wednesday to study, I'd wait until midnight Wednesday to start at least, if not until an hour before my class.

Here's hoping your semester goes swimmingly. If there's anything I can help you with, let me know. I've had a few of those classes...