Ch-ch-ch-changes.

Okay, not an awful lot is changing. Just my lifestyle here and there. You know how it goes.

Today is my last day at work - ooh, aah. Everyone is hemming and hawing about how much they'll miss me and how they don't know how they're going to get on without me... but this happens every Summer. People become surprisingly dependent on me within a month or two's time, but they manage to somehow survive after I leave. /eyeroll.

There's a party in the cafeteria for birthdays and to commemorate my last day... I hope there's not a big deal. I get a card sometimes, sometimes not. And I'm bound to get teary-eyed, even though I've hated this place since the first month ended.

As for what I'm doing after this job ends? Well, there's about a week's break and then it's right back to school for me, on the 21st. The troubling thing being that one of my classes has STILL not posted textbooks that I need to buy. The other class that waited this long ended up getting cancelled, and I had to find another section of it to fill my schedule out. I'd prefer to not have to do that with less than a full week before classes START. Work with me here, people.

On a side note, I had a wicked dream last night. Some catastrophe had befallen our town, maybe the world, I don't know. There were scenes of Fiance and myself huddled in a grocery store, locking ourselves in the bathroom for some peace from the outside world of people trying to rob and kill us. Then we took a drive to a housing development area, wherein Fiance had this huge house that looked like it was going to be half home, half Haunted House. There was a big skull on it, and it was green and creepy.

He had a lot of money in my dream, apparently, but it was surprise to my dream-self too. He let people stay in the house, fended it off from burglars and crooks, and took care of whatever people needed while they were there. And we talked in the hecticness of it all of just getting married before we died.

It was... it felt like a movie, of sorts. Cinematic, definitely.

Now begins me weighing the pros and cons of getting a part-time job for the school season. Tune in next time where you can hear whether it is good to be poor and content or have income but be exhausted. :D

(This also depends on whether or not Fiance gets laid off)

 

0 comments: