Concerned:

WARNING: Girly Bits Discussion Ahead!

Anyway. I'm worried about my body. Not the weight thing, I'm working on that. No, it's just that every month seems to be increasingly worse when it comes to the amount of pain I deal with. I know many women suffer your average amount of cramps and ooginess around their period, but I've yet to be able to figure out if I'm normal and just whiny, or if I have an actual problem.

All I know is that the level of pain that I've dealt with has only increased exponentially over the years. My first experience was not at all painful, and not really a surprise, either. So, fast forward about... gah, 6 years? 7? 8? Wow, I'm old.

Anyway. I started taking birth control pills about a year ago, because I was moving off to college and my mother loves me and wanted me to be prepared "just in case." But more than just the protection, there was also the offer of regulating my period, which had been kind of weird in the past. Short, and on a shorter cycle than one month. So there was that.

From that point, my hormonal bursts of sadness seem to have escalated the week prior to me starting. Maybe that's the pills, maybe it's me maturing, I don't know, but it's annoying. More importantly, though, the day that I start, my back suddenly breaks out into pretty bad pain.

It wasn't as bad before the pills, but it was still a problem that was getting worse, so I don't blame the medicine for that. But each month seems to bring with it another degree of pain, all coming from the tailbone-area of my lower back, but on the inside, what I can only assume to be my uterus.

I can flex, I can lay down, I can sit down, I can walk, nothing makes it go away. And the past couple months have also brought along their friend Mr. Headache, bad enough to keep me awake at night. And this month especially seems to have brought a special buddy, Stabbing Pain Contractions.

yay.

So, yes, I've Googled it, but I'm not going to diagnose myself with anything until I talk to a physician next week. I've got an appointment scheduled for my yearly Lady Exam, and I plan to ask about getting on the Depo shot, as well as ask if maybe I do have dysmenorrhea. Because it sure looks like I do.

Granted, my mother informed me that she struggled from endometriosis prior to having me, and these two things kind of go hand in hand, so I won't be surprised if that is the case, but... I really don't want to.

I don't plan on reproducing for quite a while, and if having a child is one of the only ways to fix it... that sucks for me.

Sigh.

Here's hoping something can help, because Advil/Tylenol/Ibuprofen/etc. doesn't seem to.

 

0 comments: