Weddings make people crazy.

Watching Bridezillas on Women's Entertainment (sigh) suddenly decreased my faith in the human condition. Truly a tragic thing, since my faith wasn't all that great to begin with. Thankfully my kitties are alongside me to remind me that some things will always be cute.

But really, perhaps it is only those deemed "Bridezillas" that act this way when it comes to their weddings and their supposed future relationships, but good God. These people turn what should be a happy day into a spiraling cyclone of hatred and spite. I guess, having not been through that experience of yet, I can't really comment on how I would react in this situation, but... yikes.

It's frightening. You see people who barely have anything in common, and who certainly don't seem to get along, yet they've decided to spend the rest of their lives together? Color me confused.

Granted, I have some friends who are in relationships and marriages I see the same things in - but they seem happy. I don't judge, but I won't pretend I'm not puzzled by their pairings. "Whatever turns your crank" as my pseudo-fiance says, and I tend to agree.

Still... don't marry someone you don't love. Those tics that drive you crazy now? Are probably only going to get worse. Getting married to change someone is, frankly, a horrible idea. I heard somewhere, and I'm probably going to mangle this, "Don't marry someone because you love their good points, marry them because you can stand their bad points."

PF (Pseudo-Fiance) and I? I get emotional and sometimes feel depressed, but he can make me smile and works me through it. He's kind of forgetful and unobservant, but I'm supportive and help him remember. That's about it.

We've yet to really fight about anything. The closest we get is over what we want for dinner, and anything that really requires a choice. Not so much fighting as it is "Oh god, someone please have an opinion so we can get this done."

So yeah. We're not really worried about our future together, but sometimes I just wonder what we have that other people don't... or if you're supposed to make each other miserable just a little bit.

I'm happy with how we are, though. And that's really all that matters. :)

 

0 comments: