A deep breath.

All right, so it has kind of been made clear to me that I may have been overreacting about my health issues. Not in mean ways, just in very clear "It's not the end of the world" tones. Of course, when I feel like I was feeling, those kind of statements irritate me. How dare people bring logic and rationality into my sulking?

So, yes. I have readjusted my thinking a tad. The pain is the number one problem for the time being. I have been given pills to help combat that, and we will see how those work before I even start to whine about not being able to fix it.

The other side effects of the diagnosis (which are very much up in the air) are not immediate threats to my daily life, nor are they things I should really focus on. I have too much to panic about to let things that might happen years from now bring me down.

I mean, I have a test soon for a class that I've somehow magically missed 3 chapters in. Oops! But I'm here for review today, so I hope it helps.

And the economy is failing! That's always fun! I'm seriously considering shifting some of my future goals to help anticipate less of a falling out when I get my new shiny Bachelor's Degree. I was already contemplating getting a teaching certificate while I'm here, and now I'm thinking that's a wise choice. I still would like to pursue a Master's in Child Development and all that, but for now, I'd also like to make sure I have a marketable skillset on board.

So there.

Not panicking. Much.

...I still have to fight this urge to run away and get married and live out in the country running a small bookstore and restaurant. *shifty*

 

0 comments: